1. Look up a new word in the dictionary every day. Try to use it in conversation at least three times that same day.
2. Read for pleasure every day.
3. Math puzzles and tongue twisters are fun - and they help build numeracy and literacy skills as well.
4. Start a journal where you and your family members can record your thoughts and special moments together.
5. Choose a subject you know nothing about and see if it interests you by learning about it online or in the library.
6. Do a crossword puzzle or Soduko game in your daily newspaper.
7. Discuss what you have been reading at the dinner table with your family.
8. Set aside time every evening to read with your child.
9. Ask your children to share their daily homework assignments with you.
10. Make going to the library a habit. Libraries have great resources, all of them free!
This occupational analysis identifies tasks performed by qualified welders across Canada. A welder is a tradesperson who uses a wide variety of occupational knowledge, skills and abilities in combination with cutting, gouging and welding processes to tack and weld assemblies and fabrications within a quality control system. The welder must... More >
Motorcycle mechanics work on motorcycles and other vehicles such as motor scooters and all-terrain vehicles. They assemble, diagnose, maintain and repair engines, transmissions, drive systems, steering assemblies, braking systems, chassis and suspension, electrical systems, and fuel and exhaust systems. They may specialize in repairing, rebuilding, customizing or servicing these systems... More >
Euclid Math Contest
The Euclid Math Contest is an opportunity for students to have fun and to develop their mathematical problem solving ability. Details are available in the full information brochure. More >
Automotive painters work on the surfaces of motor vehicles, primarily in restoring vehicles to their original condition following damage and subsequent auto body repair. Generally, automotive painting begins when body work has been completed. Some of the duties that an automotive painter completes include: removing exterior trim and hardware; removing... More >
Volunteer Centres in Saskatchewan
Volunteer Saskatoon 100-506 25th St East Saskatoon SK S7K 4A7 Tel: 306-975-3477 Fax: 306 244 0583 email@example.com More >
Veterinary Colleges in Canada
The Atlantic Veterinary College University of Prince Edward Island 550 University Avenue Charlottetown, PEI, Canada C1A 4P3 UniversitÃ© de MontrÃ©al 3200, rue Sicotte Saint-Hyacinthe, QuÃ©bec, Canada J2S 7C6 The Ontario Veterinary College University of Guelph Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1 The Western College of Veterinary Medicine University of Saskatchewan Saskatoon,... More >
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
A heavy duty equipment technician is a tradesperson who possesses the full range of knowledge, abilities and skills required to diagnose, repair, adjust, overhaul, maintain, operate and test mobile heavy duty off-road equipment. Heavy duty equipment technicians are employed by companies that own and operate heavy equipment, heavy equipment dealerships,... More >
What Social Workers Do
Social Workers are usually employed in hospitals, community health centers, mental health clinics, schools, advocacy organizations, government departments, social service agencies, child welfare settings, family service agencies, correctional facilities, social housing organizations, family courts, employee assistance programs and private counselling, school boards, and consultation agencies. More >