5 Facts about Jobs
1. More than half of all jobs will require education or technical training beyond high school.
2. Manufacturing jobs will require different skills, while an equal number of service jobs will be obsolete.
3. The major contributors to new job opportunities are small companies with fewer than 100 employees, yet small companies are the least able to provide on-the-job training.
4. Workers will change jobs six to seven times during their normal working lives.
5. Many technical and office occupations now require post-secondary career training as more employers prefer to hire trained personnel rather than provide training. More >
Recently Added Resources
- Fryer, Galois and Hypatia Math Contests
The Fryer, Galois and Hypatia math competitions are geared towards students recommended by their teacher, or the top 25% of students in ... More >
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairer
Motor vehicle body repairers (metal and paint) repair and restore damaged motor vehicle bodies as well as their collision-damaged ... More >
- Construction Electrician
The title "construction electrician" defines a person who, because of his or her knowledge, training and abilities, is capable of laying ... More >
- Sheet Metal Worker
Sheet metal workers design, fabricate, assemble, install and repair sheet metal products. In fabrication work, sheet metal workers lay ... More >
- Study Tips
Everyone has different strategies and tips that help them study and complete assignments. Whether you thrive on pressure or carefully ... More >
- Alberta Volunteer Centres
Banff Volunteer Centre
302 Buffalo Street, Box 5148
Banff AB, T1L 1G3
Fax: 403.762.4463 ... More >
- Landscape Horticulturist
Landscape horticulturists survey and assess landscape, draw sketches and interpret plans. They construct and maintain gardens, parks, ... More >
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students
The National Educational Association of Disabled Students is a consumer organization, with a mandate to encourage the self-empowerment ... More >