Black Canadian Scholarship Fund
Scholarship Value $6,000
Number of Scholarships 3
The Black Canadian Scholarship Fund was established in 1996 to encourage academic excellence and promote community leadership by providing annual scholarships to outstanding, young, black students in Ottawa.
To qualify, an applicant must satisfy all selection criteria below:
- Be a Black Canadian Student graduating in 2023 from a high school in the National Capital Region with an academic average between 75 and 90% in
- 6 grade 12 courses (U) or (O) or (M), or
- a combination of 6 grade 11 or 12 courses (U) or (O) or (M)
- Be a Black Canadian citizen or landed immigrant and residing in the national capital region.
- Be admitted to a recognized Canadian university,
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance,
- Demonstrate community service/volunteer activities.
- A two-page essay explaining why this scholarship is important to the applicant and how the applicant will satisfy he eligibility criteria (e.g., academic achievement, volunteer service in school and in the broader community, education plans and financial need),
- A photocopy of the applicant’s latest official transcript of 6 Grade 12 courses (U) or (O) or (M) or a combination of 6 grade 11 or grade 12 courses (U) or (O) or (M) with an academic average between 75 and 90%,
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher who taught you in the current academic year or a guidance counsellor, and
- Proof of Canadian citizenship (we will accept one of the following documents as proof: a Canadian passport; or a Canadian birth certificate; or a Canadian citizenship card/certificate), or permanent residence certificate.
- Applications submitted without all the required documents will not be considered.
- Applications must be mailed to P.O Box CSC (T) K1G 3H6. Do NOT send your application by courier.
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status must be provided with the application.
- Please do not call about the status of your application. Recipients will be notified as soon as the Selection. Committee has made a final decision on all submissions.
- Please complete both information sections below (Financial Information and Community Involvement).