Scholarship Value $5,000
Number of Scholarships 2
Ed Bryant is remembered as founder of the Unilock Group of Companies and the pioneer who first established a paver manufacturing site in North America in 1972. His passion, collaboration and innovative spirit brought an ecosystem of partners together to kick-start the hardscaping industry - Manufacturers, Dealers, Architects, Installers, and Sales Teams – all working to pave the way forward in a completely undefined space. Ed’s vision of building the industry in a way that benefits many drives us to continue to invest in the communities to which we belong.
The Unilock Paving the Future Scholarship commemorates Ed’s legacy by investing in a new generation of landscape design, architecture, and construction leaders.
This scholarship program recognizes students in their final year of study who are active members in their community and demonstrate an ambition of being a thought leader in the landscaping industry of tomorrow.
- Applicant must be a permanent resident in the USA or Ontario.
- Student must be enrolled in their final year of a full-time, two to four year post-secondary undergraduate or graduate program in landscape management, landscape construction, horticulture landscaping, turf grass management or related field at a vocational school, community college, or University. Students in an Apprenticeship program are also eligible.
- Student must demonstrate academic excellence maintaining a minimum cumulative average letter grade of B and show a desire to pursue a career in their field of study.
- Student should demonstrate leadership and an ongoing commitment to their community.
Applicants must submit all of the following to Unilock by the deadline of August 31, 2023 (11:59 EST):
- Completed Application Form
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of Enrollment in 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Letter of Recommendation
- Written Response
- Headshot Photo