The University College of the North
About The University College of the NorthThe University College of the North (UCN) is a post-secondary institution located in northern Manitoba, Canada, offering upgrading, mature student, certificate, business, arts, and aboriginal studies degree and diploma programs. UCN is Canada's newest Post-Secondary institution situated in the heart of the Boreal Forest in North America.
The University College of the North offers diploma and certificate level Programs & Courses covering a wide area of interests. Many of our programs have full accreditation and are unique to Manitoba. UCN is also in the midst of a Distant Education initiative, which will bring our programs and courses into an estimated 24 northern communities.
The University College of the North (UCN) has two main campuses...The Pas and Thompson, complete with a full range of services. In addition, the College has six regional centers which are located in Churchill, Cross Lake, Easterville, Flin Flon, Swan River, and Split Lake. UCN's geographical intake area is almost 80% of the total area of Manitoba.
University College of the North is an institution committed to providing students with education and training characterized by a culture of openness, inclusiveness, and respect of Aboriginal and Northern values. We know that our students are integral to the economic and social development of northern Manitoba, the province, and our nation. Over 200 qualified faculty, University College of the Northl and its staff provide the best of instruction and support for over 2600 students.
As a University College we are developing creative and meaningful higher education programs through the trades, certificates, diplomas, and degrees that address the overall needs of northern communities. We value our students and strive to meet them where they are: demographically, socially, transitionally, and academically. Our promise of distributed learning has seen us grow to 12 regional centers along with our two main campuses in Thompson and The Pas.
- Assiniboine Community College - Brandon , Manitoba
- Brandon University - Brandon , Manitoba
- Canadian Mennonite University - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- College universitaire de Saint-Boniface - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- Providence College and Theological Seminary - Otterburne , Manitoba
- Red River College of Applied Arts, Science and Technology - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- The University of Manitoba - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- The University of Winnipeg - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- Winnipeg Technical College - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- Yellowquill College - Winnipeg , Manitoba