Yellowquill CollegeYellowquill College, originally located in the old residential school on Crescent Road West in Portage la Prairie, is Manitoba's first Indian-controlled post-secondary institution. The College was founded in October, 1984, by the Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council. The college is a visible manifestion of the 1972 document, ?Indian Control of Indian Education? by the National Indian Brotherhood/Assembly of First Nations. We believe that aboriginal people have both the right AND the responsibility to educate our own people.
The college moved in 2000 to Portage Avenue in Winnipeg to serve more students, and moved to its current location at 340 Assiniboine Avenue in 2003. Our campus is small, friendly and committed to the success of all its students.
- Assiniboine Community College - Brandon , Manitoba
- Brandon University - Brandon , Manitoba
- Canadian Mennonite University - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- College universitaire de Saint-Boniface - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- Providence College and Theological Seminary - Otterburne , Manitoba
- Red River College of Applied Arts, Science and Technology - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- The University College of the North - The Pas , Manitoba
- The University of Manitoba - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- The University of Winnipeg - Winnipeg , Manitoba
- Winnipeg Technical College - Winnipeg , Manitoba